Friday, February 6, 2009

Muy Frio

Tiny Melinda

Guicho, got a headstart running and planted one on me!

The love hearts....thanks Seño Kate :)

And Yuri....the clinger....I totally fell in love with her.

The past couple days in Antigua and Santa Maria have been freeeeezing! Now, I know I shouldn't say anything, as I hear NY is getting hit pretty hard with the wintery weather.But as a result of the cold and packing for tropical climates...estoy enfermo. And so is everyone else. Major head cold. I am hoping to kick this little bug in the warmer climate of Honduras. I leave on a 4AM shuttle on Sunday.

Thursday was my last day at school and also Music Day. (I wish I could upload the video of the kids singing...) Kate and I planned only a couple of lessons/activities and then she had them all make "love cards" for me. (Most of them took theirs home with them ;)

At fruit break the twins pulled little envelopes out of their dresses and handed them to me. Their big sister had written:Gracias Seno Li por encenar a mis hermanas y ostros ninos y ninos te extrano Seno Li temando muchas veror y saludor.

The girls colored the page. So sweet. The older sister is in the afternoon class and had told me the day before how the twins came home and told her how sad they were that I was leaving...
At the end of music, I sat on the end of a table as all the kids in the school lined up in front of me. One by one I received hugs and kisses from each of them. Some of the boys tried to plant one on the lips!! Haha. My class was last to go and I am actually not sure that they all even understand that I will not be there on Monday as some of them said: "Hasta Lunes Seno Leigh".

Seño Doreen pulled me aside to tell me more that she had learned about the home life of some of the children. She said I have a very "special" class. One child has an alcoholic father...who will not share the meals. Another a father who refuses to work. One whose mother has died. One whose father left them. The tears were not spared. I couldn´t help it. I just think about them coming to class everyday laughing, smiling, jumping around. Never complaining. Never tired. Never crying.
I just wanted to hug each of them and make class even that more fun and an escape for them.
I am seriously going to miss them SO very much. I cried when the last clinger let go (they are like tiny monkeys...they cling). Kate and I were their first ever teachers...

What if I never see them again???

No comments: