INCREDIBLE first day at school today. The children were waiting outside when we arrived at the school-a half hour beforehand. I teared up as I watched them walk in for the first day of school. Sigh...I can´t even begin to explain it....
Here are a few pics. Start from the bottom up...having trouble with the formatting today!

Bananas for fruit snack today! They put SO much in their mouths...haha!

In line to wash hands before the frutas break. I have been told that this may be the only thing the children eat all day... Oh, and we start the class with a piece of bread, like a roll...to get somthing in their tiny tummies so that they can focus.

Santiago-local, he speaks to the children in their language...introducing them to us and the school. Dorreen is the teacher Kate and I are working with. Over that fence is the older class-7 and 8 year olds.

My morning class. Class is from 9-12. Five and six year old cuties that have never been to school before. We had two criers. But after handing out stickers...they were fine.
4 comments:
Oh I love seeing the little ones. Yet it breaks my heart. I am so glad for the blog so I can see what is going on with you. It sounds so challenging but so rewarding. Robert and I will keep you in our prayers. I look forward to reading the next update.
Much love, kim
They are so cute!!!! Do you have a set of twins???
They are adorable! Tearing up right now reading your updates! SO glad you're doing this! :)
hahaha i love the little pink and purple girl looking through the fence. she is going to be trouble. i also am quite fond of the twins. noticed they were in the front row.... good girls.
Post a Comment