I felt almost drugged the first few nights when falling asleep here in Antigua. So exhausted from traveling, and walking, and learning it was a breeze falling asleep and staying asleep all night.
Last night...not so much. You see SO many dogs roaming around here in Antigua and at night they let themselves be heard. Non-stop actually. The constant barking does not make for a good nights sleep, but I guess this is just another something I will need to get used to!
A tired self results in a frustrated self at Spanish class today. The morning was BRUTAL....with almost a standoff between my teacher and me. She will not speak to me much in English...which makes it muy difficult when I do not understand something. We fought our way out of the slump after some cafe (and some patience) and moved on to learning words that I will need to teach when with the children next week. Today: Animales and el cuerpo. I like learning the volcabulary MUCH better than the conjucating and such. Memorization is cinch.
This afternoon we are having a mock teaching session with our teachers. We will be teaching them the colors, numbers, animals, and parts of the body. I´ll be back this afternoon to let you know how I did ;)
Also, I hope to post some photos today!
Hasta luego -- break is over. Back to jam-packing the mind with espanol!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Good Luck!!! BTW, its 17 degrees here and the snow finally quit falling.
i am having trouble posting comments, so i hope this works. What is the work for giraffe? Alston
Love your updates! Can't wait to see the pics!
hey sweets, you're be happy to know that you're missing the freezing cold NYC weather. Missin you madly and so excited for your adventures ahead. Love the daily updates and keep the pic a comin!!
xoxo, Auntie Ta
So excited to see the pics!!!!!!! Also, i got your card. Thank you SO much. I def got a little misty eyed. Not that you are surprised.
Can't wait to read more!!
Loves.
Post a Comment